DURHAM WEST 4-H CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW
Friday 7:00 pm
COMMITTEE: Paul & Leanne Yates
Laura Finley, Carl Phoenix, Robert Smith, Dale Phillips, Rob Aston, Scott Wilson
GATES: Driver free
ENTRY FEE: None - 4-H cards must be presented at gates
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Calves must be on the grounds by 4 PM and ready to show at 7 PM.
2. In order to compete you must be between the ages of 9 to 21 as of January 1 and a member of Durham West 4-H
3. Section A - entries are members who placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th at showmanship at their local Achievement Day in each division. A member not entered in Section B may bring their calf or borrow a calf at the show to compete in Section A only.
4. Section B - entries are the first four calves from any one 4-H club in each class.
5. Section C - entries are a group of three calves from one 4-H club previously shown in Section B. One entry per class per 4-H club. Note: there shall be one lead man per calf and one attendant per group. The attendant must be a member of the 4-H club entry.
6. The group system of judging will be followed with calves in each group placed in order.
7. All 4-H members are responsible for transportation of their calf to the Championship Show.
8. Directors of the Beaverton Agricultural Society will not be liable for any accidents within the fairgrounds.
9. NOTE: no shavings are to be used in the barn.
10. Livestock Exhibitors must provide proof of $2,000,000.00 Liability Insurance or entries may be refused.
Section A - Showmanship
1. Novice Showmanship
2. Junior Dairy Showmanship
3. Intermediate Dairy Showmanship
4. Senior Dairy Showmanship
**Championship Dairy Showmanship - 1st and 2nd place show person are eligible in Class 1
Section B - Individual 4-H Calf Competition Class
5. Junior Calf - Holstein
6. Intermediate Calf - Holstein
7. Senior Calf - Holstein
8. Junior Yearling - Holstein
9. Summer Yearling - Holstein
10. Junior Calf - Coloured breeds
11. Intermediate Calf - Coloured breeds
12. Senior Calf - Coloured breeds
13. Junior Yearling - Coloured breeds
14. Summer Yearling - Coloured breeds
**Grand Championship Heifer Calf - all breeds Champion and Reserve Champion Ribbons awarded
Section C - Inter-Club 4-H Calf Competition Class
15. Group of three calves - 2 groups per club
** Champion Dairy Group, Champion and Reserve Champion Ribbons awarded**
Loa-de-mede Farms Ltd. - to the Champion Showman
Orvan Chamber - to the Champion Holstein Heifer
Phoenix Brothers - to the Grand Champion Heifer
Gordhill Farms - to the Reserve Grand Champion Heifer
Elmheights - to the Champion Group of Three
Sunderland Co-op & Quality Seeds - to Top Home Bred Heifer
Phillhaven - David F. Foster provides all ribbons
We thank Thaxter Farms & Muskoka Timber Mills for providing the shavings for this event.